The Facts About Mycotoxins and Mycotoxin Tests, Having a Blood test for Mold, Blood Tests for Mold Sickness and Lab Test for Mold.
Mycotoxins are poisons produced by fungus or what is commonly known as “Mold”. Not all species of mold produce pathogens (disease causing elements). However, many species of fungi are known as pathogenic and produce toxic substances mycotoxins being one of them.
When a person mistakenly eats an unknown species of toadstool or mushroom (Fungi / Mold), they may become ill, hallucinate, or in the worst case scenario die. These affects are caused by the mycotoxins (poisons) contained in the toadstool or mushroom. To say that a person could not become ill from inhaling or ingesting aerosolized mycotoxins produced from fungus or mold is a misnomer.
Mycotoxins are known as “secondary metabolites”, a nonviable (non-living) chemical component produced by 1 of over 190 known species of fungi that produce mycotoxins. The most common mycotoxins are as follows:
After mold releases their spore’s mycotoxins may enter the human body one of four ways:
See your attending physician for diagnosis and treatment for any medical conditions or symptoms.